Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Snippets

Only two moths in the trap, this morning, a Common Quaker and a rather smart-looking Clouded Drab (2188 - Orthosia incerta); which I duly got a few shots of. I am trying to get as many species of non-plant images from my garden as possible. I feel sure, that with the moth trap running, 300+ shouldn't be out of the question during 2013. I am certain of just one thing - I won't be able to id all species recorded. Won't cause me loss of sleep, I'm used to it - not knowing what I'm looking at, yet still able to enjoy the encounter.


So with this mission in mind, I grabbed a shot of a Goldfinch on our sunflower feeder - through the glass of the kitchen door; they are not regular garden visitors.


My final offering is, sadly, not from my garden but, instead, from the cycle track by Joss Bay. This shot of a Wren being a rather pleasing image, yet I couldn't find a way of including it in my post from Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment